This week on BTK, we start off with Kevin giving you updates regarding the next steps in BTK future as well as our search for an adjunct member of our team. Check out the application here!
Dr. Samer Mattar (current ASMBS President) discusses and refutes common bariatric myths that many practitioners fall for. It's a great review on current bariatric literature and recommendations!
Additionally, we discuss many new "interventions" in the world of weight loss surgery. Tune in to hear these options!
Trauma, Critical Care & Acute Care Surgery (TCCACS) 2018, Day 3 Lineup:
- Dr. Bellal Joseph and Dr. Chadwick Smith discuss TXA and TEG
- COL Jennifer Gurney, MD discusses current issues in military surgery and the joy of serving in uniform
This has been a great conference to attend and these were just a small portion of the highlights. A special thanks to Dr. Mattox and Mary Allen for having us once again!
Trauma, Critical Care & Acute Care Surgery (TCCACS) 2018, Day 2 Lineup:
- Dr. Sydney J. Vail, Kids are Different - Damage Control Resuscitation
- Dr. Nicholas Namias, Kids are Different - Severe TBI
- Dr. Jay Johannigman, Navigating the Portal Triad
- Dr. Elizabeth Benjamin, GE Junction Injuries
Trauma, Critical Care & Acute Care Surgery (TCCACS) 2018, Day 1 Lineup:
- Dr. Kenji Inaba on C-spine clearance.
- Dr. Matthew Martin on REBOA battlefield lessons learned.
- Dr. Alison Wilson on tourniquets.
- Dr. Martin Schreiber on transfusion strategies.
- Dr. Chris Cribari on the difficult gallbladder.
- Dr. Lynette Scherer on orthopedic considerations for the trauma surgeon.
Dr. Guy Orangio takes us through how he managed a successful private practice colorectal surgery clinic for many years. He also discusses the pitfalls associated with running a private practice.
Please check out O.R. Billing who sponsored this episode, if you are in private practice you will surely find this a great resource to help maximize your billing efficiency.
use code "knife2018" for free 6 months. You can all try it out for free for one month with no credit card.